You have to wait for 120 days after a tattoo or piercing before giving blood.
If you’ve had acupuncture and it has been performed on NHS premises, or by NHS staff, or a member of the following registered statutory bodies you can donate straight away provided the reason for the treatment does not preclude you. If you are unsure please contact us on 0800 25 22 66.
- The General Medical Council (GMC)
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- General Dental Council (GDC)
- General Chiropractic Council (GDC)
- General Optical Council (GOC)
- General Osteopathic Council (GOsC)
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
For all other cases you cannot donate for 120 days post treatment
Botox, permanent and semi-permanent make-up
You have to wait for 120 days before giving blood.